Saturday, December 5, 2009

A PGA Tour Response to Tiger (UPDATE I)


Just came across the PGA Tour statement regarding Tiger Woods' statement:
Tiger's statement speaks for itself. We offer our full support to Tiger and his family and will continue to honor and respect his request for privacy in this matter. We will have no further comment on Tiger's statement.
I consider this statement to echo some of the sentiments that I mentioned earlier, but more-well stated, perhaps, than the statement I recommended:
"The PGA Tour does not comment on the personal matters of its players. We support our players and if they desire will provide them with professional support. We will continue to support and privately provide them with any needs they may have in the future." 
I do like my sentiment about a comment pertaining to the general privacy of the Tour's players and I do believe from a public relations perspective the comment could have been written without mentioning "Tiger," but I really like the opening "Tiger's statement speaks for itself."

No comments: